Bangor Maine is a nice place for a Great Wedding held at Grace UMC, Our Church is in the photo above on the lower left side. You’ll like our Church. Grace UMC Policies in Bangor are easy to understand.
Table of Contents
The Pastor will make the decision to cancel Sunday church services by 07:00AM.
Cancellation announcements will be made on:
- The Grace Church Email Distribution List
- WABI TV 207-947-8321
- WLBZ TV 207-942-4821
- WVII TV 207-945-6457
- WQCB 106.5 Radio station 207-989-5631
- WHCF 88.5 Radio station 207-947-2751
Church Week-day events and Thrift Shop:
All Grace United Methodist Church events and the Saving Grace Thrift Shop will be closed in the event that the Bangor Schools cancel due to inclement weather.
The Circuit Rider Explains
FUNERAL / MEMORIAL POLICY
The Funeral/Bangor Memorial Service is considered a Christian Worship Service and will be approached with the dignity and joyful celebration accorded worship.
- The Pastor of Grace UMC will meet with the family of the deceased to plan the services and to visit with them if possible to offer comfort and prayer.
- The Pastor must approve all funeral/memorial arrangements.
- Scheduling of the sanctuary, fellowship hall, kitchen, or any other part of the church shall be done through the Pastor working together with the Trustees of the church.
- No other Pastor may perform a funeral / memorial service at GUMC except the Pastor formally appointed by the Bishop to this particular charge unless otherwise negotiated with the Pastor of this charge.
- The Grace UMC organist is available to play for the service. If other arrangements are preferred by the family, they may be coordinated through the Pastor.
- Fee Schedule is as follows:
- Church Pastor – $150 (Suggested fee made payable directly to the minister.)
- Organist – $75 ( Payable directly to the organist. )
- Custodian – $50 ( Payable directly to the custodian. )
- Bulletins – Fee to be determined
- *Reception See #9
- There will be no smoking in the building and on the church grounds.
- Protective material should be used under flowers to protect the carpets and furniture.POLICY FOR
- NO smoking inside or in front of the church building.
- When leaving the building, please turn the thermostat back to 55°.
- Make certain all lights are turned off.
- Do not use scotch tape on any surfaces, please use masking tape.
- Properly dispose of any trash.
- If you have used the stove, be certain it is turned off. If you use the coffee pots, please wash and unplug them.
- Wash, sanitize, and put away any dished used.
- Do not leave unused food or beverages. Please take left overs with you.
- Sweep up any debris on the floor. ( Broom is located beside the left side of the refrigerator.)
- Rearrange the room (s) back in the order to which it was found.
- Check that all doors are securely locked.
The church is not liable for any loss or damage to any items brought to the church. The individual scheduling the use of the church will be liable for any damage to the carpet, furniture, or building and grounds.
Thank you for your cooperation.
Any fee for use of the church facilities will be negotiated with the pastor and / or Trustees.
Profit making enterprises will not be approved for use of the church facility.
The Circuit Rider would like to help you understand the important step you are taking and wish you a wonderful future together. Grace UMC is ready to prepare you for this significant event.
- Engaged couples who intend to marry are requested to attend Three Marital Counseling Sessions. These one-on-one meetings with the Pastor cover the topics of Christian faith and marriage, relationship issues such as understanding each other’s differences; how to maintain a godly union; and tips for keeping intimacy engaging and fulfilling.
- The wedding ceremony will be a Christian ceremony. Decisions related to whom shall be married at Grace United Methodist Church (GUMC) shall be entirely at the discretion of the Pastor.
- Scheduling of the sanctuary, fellowship hall, kitchen, or any other part of the church shall be done through the Pastor working together with the Trustees of the church. Once a wedding is scheduled it shall be deemed a worship service and shall take precedence over any other event.
- No other Pastor may perform a wedding service in this church except the Pastor formally appointed by the Bishop to this particular charge, unless otherwise negotiated with the Pastor of this charge.
- GUMC organist is available to play for the service. If other arrangements are preferred by the wedding party it will be coordinated by the Pastor.
- Fee schedule is as follows: All fees must be paid two weeks in advance.
- A minimum of $100.00 non-refundable deposit will be paid at the first counseling session.
- Clergy Church Pastor – $300.00 (Paid directly to the Pastor)
- Organist – $150.00 (Paid directly to the Organist)
- Church Facilities – $300.00 (Paid directly to GUMC)
- Church Attendant $50.00 (Paid directly to the attendant)
- Bulletins – provided by the wedding party
- Candelabra rental – $50.00 (Paid to GUMC)
- No live candles are allowed, other than on the altar.
- There will be protective material under flowers to protect the carpet or furniture.
- There will be no rice inside or outside the church. Birdseed or bubbles outside the church are allowed. Flower petals inside the church are allowed.
- Since this is a religious service, there will be no flash photography during the service. Video cameras must be mounted on tripods and not moved during the service.
- There will be no smoking on church grounds and no smoking in the building.
- Alcoholic beverages are not allowed on church property. Intoxication at the rehearsal or day of the ceremony may cause the Pastor to choose not to perform the wedding ceremony.
- The wedding license must be given to the Pastor at the time of the wedding rehearsal.
GUMC does not cater wedding receptions.
The bride and groom are responsible to be sure everyone having any part in the ceremony follows the policies.
The church is not liable for any loss or damage to any items brought to the church for the use of the wedding and/or reception. The individual or families scheduling the wedding will be held liable for any damage to the carpet, furniture, or building and grounds.
Thank You and God Bless You for your thoughtfulness.